The Top 5 Benefits for Having a Facebook Business Page.
Facebook blows away the competition as the best social network to set up a business page. If you want to build a marketing platform to gain more clients, this is the first place you need to set up shop.
Here are the top 5 benefits for having and maintaining a Facebook business page.
- Increase Your Brand or Business Exposure to Potential New Clients:Facebook claims to have more than a billion users… I’m sure you can see that benefit. It would be detrimental for a business to NOT be using this to their advantage. Your newest clients probably live within a short radius from your business, but they might not even know you exist!
- Extract Leads:A bucket full of “Likes” on your page will never be enough to provide your brand with a long-term, sustainable business. I doubt that it is even possible now to make a good living in the short-term from simply using your Facebook page. Consider the scenario of Facebook closing their doors to businesses (PROBABLY WON’T HAPPEN… But what if?)
If you haven’t taken the time to build a trust connection with your clients outside of Facebook, then your business will most likely be in a heap of trouble. Smart business owners gather leads in the form of email addresses so they can contact their client base outside of Facebook. Extracting leads from this medium is a proven method to acquiring new clients.
- Reduce Marketing Expenses:As I have stated before, Facebook ads are relatively inexpensive when compared to traditional advertising (print, radio, TV, PPC), and are easily targeted and tailored to your market. This happens to be my firm’s specialty, so maybe I am a little biased, but that is because it really works when done correctly. There are plenty of ways to acquire new clients, but targeting Facebook users can dramatically reduce the Cost Per Acquisition.
- Reach a Targeted Audience:Obviously a carry-over from the last one… But only because it is critical. It is not feasible for everyone to “Like” your page. You really don’t want that because only a fraction of a percent of them might engage with your posts. The trick is to make the “Likes” inexpensive by targeting your ads. Combine this with building trust with these people, and you are on your way to acquiring new clients. You won’t incur a ridiculous amount of ad-spend, and potential clients are laser targeted.
- Facebook Smart Pixel:People that know me will tell you that I’m a numbers guy. Some might think I am odd, but I LOVE digging through statistics and metrics, and live & die by Key Performance Indicators. The reason is not always obvious to business owners because they are focused on running a profitable business. Most business owners struggle with understanding what KPI’s are intrinsic, but that is only because it is not their forte. Set up the FSP correctly from the start, and performance is tracked continuously.
That which is measured, can be improved upon, and having this knowledge separates the successful business owners from those that struggle. A business can never fully track traditional advertising (see #3 above), and therefore will not know what is working or what needs to be fixed. The devil is in the reporting details.
Hopefully, you have gained a bit of insight as to why having a business page on Facebook is necessary, and the opportunities for growth from maintaining one. If you don’t have one already, or are not fully utilizing your current one, feel free to contact me to find out how we can remedy that together.